Babylon is a German period-thriller, drama web series. Tom Tykwer, Achim von Borries, and Henk Handloegten are the creators of the show. The show is the adaptation of the works of a German author Volker Kutscher. The show released on 13 October 2017 on Sky 1. Later, Netflix acquired the streaming rights of the show.
The show is one of the best television series until now. It managed to score a 100% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. There are very few series to score full marks! This series is amongst those few precious shows, that you should binge-watch! After the success of the pilot season, the producers decided to renew the show. The latest, third season of the show, premiered on 24 January 2020.
Babylon Berlin, Plot:
Gereon Rath and Charlotte Ritter are the protagonists of the story. Gereon Rath is an inspector in German Police. He is a combat veteran of the Imperial German Army during World War I. He comes from his hometown to Berlin, after his transfer. Rath suffers from PTSD. His issue of Post Traumatic Disorder is because of his violent memory of the war. Apart from this, he is deeply hurt because of his brother’s death. To deal with these issues, he prefers meditating.
Charlotte Ritter, on the other hand, is an attractive woman. Ritter lives in the slums of Neukölln. She works as a part-time prostitute at Moka Efti cabaret. She dreams to join the German Police services and become the greatest detective in the world. The show focuses on the stories of these two different, yet similar characters.
Babylon Berlin Season 4 Updates:
Looking at the overwhelming response of the viewers and the critics, the producers decided to come out with yet another season. Yes, the producers have decided to come back with the fourth season of the show. However, there is no news of the schedule of the release yet.
We can expect the show to come out in 2021.
Babylon Berlin Cast:
- Volker Bruch as Inspector Gereon Rath
- Liv Lisa Fries as Charlotte Ritter
- Peter Kurth as Detective Chief Inspector Bruno Wolter
- Matthias Brandt as Councillor August Benda
- Leonie Benesch as Greta Overbeck
- Severija Janušauskaitė as Countess Svetlana Sorokina
- Ivan Shvedoff as Alexei Kardakov
- Hannah Herzsprung as Helga Rath
- Lars Eidinger as Alfred Nyssen
- Benno Fürmann as Oberst Wendt
- Mišel Matičević as Edgar Kasabian
- Ronald Zehrfeld as Walter Weintraub
- Meret Becker as Esther Kasabian