‘Penny Dreadful: City of Angels’ is a dark fantasy series set in the golden age of Hollywood in
the 1930s. The American dark fantasy television series is created by John Logan that includes
Mexican culture and is a blend of the original show that took place almost 50 years ago. The
series gained a lot of popularity and appreciation, with ratings of 80% from Rotten Tomatoes
and a decent rating of 6/10 from IMDb.
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Cast
The series includes the following as the main cast:
- Magda, who is a supernatural demon that can take the form of anyone she chooses. Her different characters include a political aide Alexandra ‘Alex” Malone, housewife Elsa Branson (and her son Frank), and gang leader Rio.
- Kerry Bishé as Sister Molly Finister, who is a charismatic radio evangelist.
- Adriana Barraza as Maria Vega, who is the matriarch of the Vega family.
- Jessica Garza as Josefina Vega, who is the youngest child of the Vega family.
- Daniel Zovatto as Santiago “Tiago” Vega, who is the LAPD's first Mexican-American
- Nathan Lane as Lewis Michener, who is a veteran LAPD officer and Vega's partner.
- Michael Gladis as Charlton Townsend, a councilman and head of the LA City Council's
- Rory Kinnear as Peter Craft, who is a German pediatrician and the head of the local
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Return Date
There is good news for the viewers. The makers have confirmed the release of episode 9 on
Sunday, June 21, 2020. The upcoming event is titled “Sing, Sing, Sing,” and will be released on
Showtime at 10/9c.
At this point, with episode 9, currently in line, we can vouch for this series to provide something
fascinating that will be worth watching and will bring a turn to the plot. As far as the previous episode, Tiago and Lewis are tested in danger; Lewis oversees the prison transfer of Diego Lopez. Townsend is forced to turn to the last resort, and Peter decides to take Tom after being urged on by Elsa.
Let’s see what outcomes the upcoming episode brings.