Poldark is a British historical drama web television series. Debbie Horsfield is the creator of the show. It is an adaptation of the novel series Poldark written by Winston Graham. The series premiered on 8 March 2015, on BBC One. Poldark managed to get positive reviews from the critics. It received 87% on Rotten Tomatoes.
The creators renewed the show for four more seasons. The latest season 5 released on 14 July 2019. However, a decline in the viewership over the seasons came up as an issue.
Captain Ross Vennor Poldark is the lead of the show. In 1783, he comes back to his home of Nampara in Cornwall, from American War of Independence. He served for three years in the army. When he comes back, he finds out that his father has died. His estate is in ruins and the family is under heavy debt. His cousin marries his childhood love. Later he meets a woman, Demelza Carne at the Truro market. He hires her as a maid. Later he falls in love with her and marries her in 1787.
The show follows the romantic bonding between the two, the struggles in paying off the debt, and also wars that follow the years ahead.
Poldark Season 6:
The creators renewed the show straight away for 5 seasons. Producers made it clear that the fifth season will be the finale of the show. However, according to some experts, the fifth season is not the end of the novel. So, that means that there are chances that the producers might decide to renew the show for the sixth season.
Although, for now, season 5 is the finale of the show. But, we can very well expect the show to come back for season six.
- Aidan Turner as Captain Ross Vennor Poldark
- Eleanor Tomlinson as Demelza Poldark
- Ruby Bentall as Verity Blamey
- Caroline Blakiston as Agatha Poldark
- Phil Davis as Jud Paynter
- Beatie Edney as Prudie Paynter
- Jack Farthing as George Warleggan
- Luke Norris as Dr. Dwight Enys
- Heida Reed as Elizabeth Warleggan
- Kyle Soller as Francis Poldark
- Pip Torrens as Cary Warleggan
- Warren Clarke as Charles Poldark
- Gabriella Wilde as Caroline Enys
- John Nettles as Ray Penvenen
- Christian Brassington as Reverend Osborne “Ossie” Whitworth