Czech carmaker Skoda unveiled its upcoming Octavia premium sedan at its latest Auto Expo 2020 and is also planning to launch in April 2020. However, given the national blockade due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, those plans appear to have failed. And now Skoda India has decided to postpone the start for 2021.
According to Skoda India, Director Zack Hollis, “The fourth-generation Octavia will be launched in India in 2021. Commencement is likely to be delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. In February this year, the firm inaugurated the Octavia RS 245 in India, founded on the prior-generation model.” Therefore, Auto plans to bring the fourth-generation Octavia to India in mid-2021, said a senior company spokesman on the sidelines of the Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic launch on Thursday. Skoda Auto is expected to introduce the fourth generation, Octavia, with a 2.0 TSI engine with 7-speed DSG transmission for models with Indian specifications.
Engine Specifications of Skoda Octavia 2020
• The new Škoda Octavia is based on Volkswagen’s MQB (Modular Transverse Toolkit) platform, which offers Octavia more cabin space.
• The 2020 Octavia will be available with 3 engine options. TSI petrol engine 1.5 liters and 2.0-liter turbo and turbo diesel 2.0 liter TDI. Skoda can also offer a slightly hybrid engine. Both machines are expected to be compatible with BS6.
• Both petrol engines get a 7-speed DSG, except for the diesel engine. Which is available with a 6-speed manual transmission and optional all-wheel drive.
Interior & Exterior of Skoda Octavia 2020
• At first glance, the Škoda Octavia 2020 has a separate dashboard console with multiple sections at each end.
• The new Octavia will take over an important design replica of its larger premium brother, Škoda Superb. Škoda Octavia also gets a new grille that is very similar to Superb.
• Most notably, Škoda has removed separate headlights instead of individual adaptive LED headlamps.
Price & Rivals of Skoda Octavia 2020
• With all the details we have right now, we can expect the 2020 Octavia to sell for between Rs. 17.99 lakh and 26.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
• The new Octavia will actively compete with the upcoming Honda Civic, Honda Accord, and Hyundai Elantra.