Suburra: ‘Blood on Rome’
A Rome web TV series from Rome and the precursor of the 2015 Suburra movie, inspired by Giancarlo De Cataldo and Carlo Bonini, Suburra: Blood on Rome. Blue is also part of the Italian crime drama series Suburra-La series in Rome.
The series was developed for Netflix by Daniele Cesarano and Barbara Petronio, making it their first original Italian-language television series. Cattleya, together with Rai Fiction and Bartleby Film, produced this series.
What is it about?
The series focuses on Gabriele ‘Lele’ Marchilli and Aureliano Adami (Eduardo Vallahsky) who also are working for Suburra from a real-life investigation into Mafia Capital and dealing in the realm of power clashes and corruption among organized crime, politicians, or churchmen.
He is the head of Roman organized criminality and contacts the Sicilian mafia in Rome and approaches Amedeo Cinaglia (Filippo Nigro) as an anti-Adami (Francesco Acquaroli) politician, helping his affairs in Ostia. Sara Monaschi (Claudia Gerini), Vatican Financial Auditor for Ostia.
Main Cast of the Show
- Alessandro Borghi, a member of the Ostian gang Aureliano Adami
- Giacomo Ferrara, a Sinti gang member and gays closer, is Alberto “Spadino” Anacleti
- The only son of a policeman who becomes involved in the crime of debt to samurai, Eduardo Valdarnini as Gabriele Lele (seasons 1–2), later joining the police force.
- He is also a former militant neo-fascist terrorist, Francesco Acquaroli, the head of organized crime in Rome and contacts to the Siclian Mafia.
- Filippo Nigro is approached by Samurai as Amedeo Cinaglia
- As the financial auditor for the Roman Curia, Claudia Gerini
- Adamo Dionisi, the leader of the Sinti criminal gang and Spadino ‘s elderly brother Manfredi Anacleti
- The Livia Adami (seasons 1-2), sister in Aureliano, Barbara Chichiarelli
- Federico Tocci, the father of Aureliano, like Tullio Adami (season 1, season 2),
- Gerasimos Skiadaresis a godly but sinful monsignor, Monsignor Theodosiou (season 1).
Suburra to hit Netflix soon!
This is great but sweet news: the world premiere date for the Suburra Season 3: Blood on Rome has been announced by Netflix, but it’s the final season of this great series.
Suburra: Blood on Rome: Season 3, Netflix Original Series, world premiere exclusively on Netflix on Friday 30 October.