‘Undercover’ is a 2019 Belgian-Dutch crime drama web television series. Nico Moolenaar is the creator of the series. The show released on February 24, 2019, on Eén in Belgium. Later Netflix adapted the show and released the first season of the show for the international audience on May 3, 2019. The series did well on screens. The critics appreciated the plot and the direction of the storyline. The story of the show is the adaptation of the real-life events in Limburg. It scored 7.9/10 on IMDb. The first season of the show consists of ten chapters. In this article, we will focus on the development in the production of the second season of the show. Also, if you are planning to watch this show, then read in the article. As we bring every detail of the show, Undercover.
The show, Undercover is the adaptation of real-life incidents of undercover agents. These agents operate in Limburg, the Belgian province, it shares the boundary with the Netherlands. The undercover agents infiltrate drug kingpins of Limburg. The show follows the life of Bob Lemmens and Kim de Rooij. They are the undercover agents of the Belgian Drug Enforcement Department.
The Belgian Police finally get the trails of the world’s largest XTC networks. They have been looking for it for a long time. Ferry Bouman is the head of the drug organization. Dutch and Belgian Police forces join hands and place two of their best agents for the mission. Bob and Kim portray as a married couple who happen to live near the camp where the kingpin, Ferry Bouman is staying.
The first season of the show managed to gain traction from the audience, internationally. Season one of the show concluded on May 3, 2019. The creators of the show have announced the renewal of the show for the second season. Season two of Undercover will release on November 8, 2020, on Netflix.
- Tom Waes as Bob Lemmens
- Anna Drijver as Kim De Rooij
- Frank Lammers as Ferry Bouman
- Elise Schaap as Danielle Bouman
- Raymond Thiry as John Zwart
- Robbie Cleiren as Marc Gevers
- Manou Kersting as Nick Janssens
- Katrien De Ruysscher as Liesbeth Mertens
- Huub Smit as Dennis de Vries
- Lieke van den Broek as Sonja van Kamp
- Sara De Bosschere as Lena Vandekerckhove
- Kevin Janssens as Jurgen van Kamp
- Kris Cuppens as Walter Devos
- Nina Mensch as Jezebel van Kamp
- Emma Verlinden as Polly Lemmens
- Warre Verlinden as David Lemmens