Electric Cars: India is ready to welcome new electric vehicles by Tata Motors, as their makers are preparing their EVs for our market. Domestic passenger vehicle makers are also planning to introduce several new electric cars in the new few years. It is expected that electric cars will account for about 20-30% of total passenger vehicles sales in India by 2030. Tata Motors is planning to add a variety of electric cars to its fleet of passenger cars in India. In this article, we will talk about the upcoming electric cars from domestic makers by Tata Motors.
1. Tata Altroz EV
Tata Motors showcased the electric version of the Altroz premium hatchback at the 2020 Auto Expo. It is reported that the Altroz EV could be launce in late 2021 or early 2022. The electric car is expected to be equipped with the same powertrain that does the duty in the Nexon EV.
• The Altroz EV packs an IP67 certified 30.2kWh battery with a permanent magnet AC motor. This battery pack is expected to offer an electric range of between 250km to 300km.
• The battery will be charged using DC fast charging as well as a regular power socket. It may take around 60 minutes to charge up 80%.
• This car is expected to get features like semi digital instrument cluster, Auto Ac, and connected car tech.
• The price of this car will be around Rs 15 Lakh.
2. Tata HBX EV
Tata Motors will introduce the HBX Sub Compact-SUV before the end of this year. The micro-SUV will be offered only in petrol variant but also Tata is also working on an electric version of the small SUV. The electric model is expected to be introduced in 2022-2023. The min SUV is likely to feature Ziptron EV powertrain technology that was also offered in the Nexon EV. Tata HBX EV is expected to go on sale by October 2021.
• The Ziptron EV powertrain includes a 30.2kwh lithium-ion battery pack offering 129 bhp, an electric motor mounted to the front axle.
• This car claims to offer a 300km range.
• Tata could also provide it with a 1.2-liter turbo petrol unit.
• It will get dual front airbags and a rear parking camera.
• This car could also feature a 7- inch touchscreen system and auto AC.
• Tata could price this car from RS 5 lakh to 8 lakhs.
3. Tata Sierra EV
The next car is on our list is Tata Sierra EV. This car is likely to feature a further developed version of the Ziptron EV. We can expect that the car will be launce in early 2021.
• It comes with LED headlights and tail lamps, black cladding along its bottom edge
• This model may arrive with petrol and diesel, both.
• Price of this car will be around Rs 14 lakh.
4. Tata Tiago EV
Tata showcased this car at the 2018 Auto Expo Event. Tata Tiago looks identical to its regular fuel power version. The car is expected to launch in December 2021.
• Tata Tiago EV is expected to be powered by a 30 kW electric motor and a 2.16 Ah battery pack.
• The set up gets fast charging
• A 130 km range has a top speed of 100kmph,
• The price of this car will be Rs 5-7 lakhs.
This is the list of upcoming electric cars by Tata Motors. We hope that this article will help you to understand the features of these upcoming cars. So, wait for some time and grab your favorite one.